Wednesday 19 July 2017

Fond Farewells


Fond Farewells


Hallo Everyone!

Thought just for a change we
could tackle the Goodbye word.
It has such an air of finality about
it, I much prefer Auf Wiedersehen,
Au revoir....... or even the more
informal Ciao and Servus that
mean both Hello and Goodbye

We start off with Bon Voyage and

Jane Castle

"I've been working on a pattern for a 
small gift bag recently that 
could be made from a sheet of 
12"x12" double sided paper and 
having got the proportions to balance 
I thought I would share this with you
 for this project.


To begin with I made my template 
( there were a few before!)
 out of a sheet of fairly robust A4 tracing paper.


All dark straight lines are cuts, side and bottom
 and the dotted lines are folds.

 I then cut the main shape from my piece of 
Fabscraps paper.


Then working on my cutting mat 
I scored my folds.

 Most lines are easy to follow as they 
join up several of the v-shaped cuts.

 As I didn't want to make any marks on the paper 
I laid the template on top to check any folds 
I was not certain of.


Most folds all go the same way except
 for the 2 centre side panels.


To stick the bag together I used Comic Shimmer 
Glue as this not only dries clear 
it also dries very quickly! 

I began with the 3 flaps at the bottom, 
then the side fastening, 
then folded over the top 
making a neat edge and
 finally the last flap at the bottom.


4 holes were then punched at the 
top for the cord handles.


Now onto the tag and card:

For this I used a piece of A4 cream 
coloured card which I cut in half (A5) 
for the card and cut the tag from the remainder. 

The edges of the card and tag were lightly 
brushed with D.I. in Pumice Stone.

I then randomly stamped small areas of text 
in Potting Soil from my new set of Archival Inks. 

Then using 3 of the 4 ink pads from the set
 I inked up the main image from 
Deep Red Clingstamps of a train station.


For the tag I didn't ink the area of the roof 
with the clock but I did in the card.

 From the trimmings of my double sided paper
 I cut out a few of the small images and added
 these to the tag and card.

I then cut 2 x 28cm lengths of black nylon cord
 for the handles of the bag. 
These were threaded through and knotted
 on the insided of the bag.


The tag was placed onto the cord before knotting!!


Bon Voyage was added to the card using die-cut letters.


I really like the way the inks blend 
giving subtle shades of the 3 colours.

The bag is a perfect size for small gifts
 for travellers ie sun tan lotion, vouchers, 
jewelery etc and if the bag isn't completely
 full the card fits inside too --- a bonus!

I hope you find these instructions fairly 
easy to follow but if you have any queries 
please leave a comment at the bottom of the 
page and I will get back to you. 

Thanks for stopping by today."

Items Used

Archival Wendy Vecchi Mini Inks Set 1
FabScraps 12'x12' papers In Transit C87
Deep Red Clingstamps Train Station
Distress Ink Pumice Stone
Text stamp 


Thanks to you Jane for a lovely
start to the week. 

'Till tomorrow

Mickie

3 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I love multi-coloured stamping and the Deep Red stamp is on my radar (I have a weakness for all things Vintage). The bag is a great idea, it's useful and this one is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea. I like the stamp and know a lot of train enthusiasts so will have to look that one out!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.