Wednesday 5 July 2017

Apple for the Teacher



Apple for the Teacher


Hi there!

It is coming up for the end of
term but not only that, it is the
end of the school year.  

I thought it might be nice to
focus on the hardworking teachers
and tutors and there's nothing like
a handmade thank you

To start us off Angela Radford is
here with us:

"Hi all, Angela here with a new card project. 
I have done my best here to make this as 
Clean and Simple as I can but 
keeping things clean is not something 
I usually do but here goes!


 I started by making Masterboards using Oxide inks.


Then cut a piece of this ready to decorate


 I used a Tim Holtz stencil Wood Grain 
to make the pattern over the inked background.


And the Splatter stencil to create a design 
on the card blank.


No need to cover all the card as most of 
the card will be covered later.


 I used some pages from old exercise books 
to build up the layers but I would not 
advise taking this out of your school books!


Next I stamped the Cat's Whiskers stamp 
on the chosen card.


Cut these out ready to layer them together.


I finished the card blank by adding more images 
from the stencils and stamping the 
Carabelle text stamp.


 A little more colour through the stencil
and we're ready to attach the focal images.



The sentiment is also part of the Cat's Whiskers 
and the die and frame stamp by Tim Holtz


 I stamped the cat images onto the card 
before mounting the main piece so that the 
whiskers will show when everythings layered on


So here we are all finished. 


Curled the corners back a little which kind 
of reminds me of school books Lol! 

Hope all the teachers out there have a great summer, 
they really are The Cat's Whiskers!"


Products used:

Carabelle Studios Rubber Stamps
Woodware Clear stamps


We're off to a splendid start
thank you Angela


Well that's me making masterboards
this evening if it cools down enough
for me to move ..........!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx




4 comments:

  1. I'd love to receive this 😃 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card - love the whimsical feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit Win. Pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.