Thursday 16 March 2017

Rainbow


Rainbow


Hallo Everyone!

Here we go with day two of
the Rainbow topic and here
is Craftyfield with an
array of butterflies


"I have been very late to the party with the 
Kaleidacolor inkpads, even though I have 
known about them for years.

 I had seen people brayering with them
 and producing the most beautiful scenes but, 
somehow, I only got around to get my first pad
 only last year. And then, I fell in love... 
I now have several pads, and plan to buy more!

Today, I am using Kaleidacolor inks in 2 ways
,
 for brayering of course, and also to ink my stamps. 

I am using glossy paper because this shows off the 
vibrant colours I chose to their best effect.



 I inked 3 butterflies of different sizes with the 
Kaleidacolor - Autumn Leaves inkpad and stamped
 them on glossy cardstock. 

I also stamped the butterflies on a spare 
piece of paper to create masks. 

Before the next step, I placed the masks 
over the stamped butterflies to protect them



Using a piece of Cut & Dry I applied Versamark through the
 Pixelated stencil as a resist.



 I ink the brayer by rolling it over the inkpad several times 
and roll it on a craft sheet to ensure a smooth distribution
 of the ink. 

Some people use a piece of paper for that but 
I hate wasting all that ink, this way I can come back and
 pick the ink up from the craft sheet.

I brayered from the bottom of the card and 
then from the top placing the lighter colours
 in the middle of the card.


Now I use my stamp positioner to place my 
butterfly outlines on top of the solid shapes 
I stamped previously. 

I am using black for the outline.



 My sentiment is stamped with Versamark and embossed with white powder.


A closer look at one of the butterflies..."





Supplies:



Thank you for another super project
Craftyfield It'll soon be butterfly
time again!

These inks are really nice to use and
if you follow the guidelines you will
never get mud and so the pads will 
be useable for so much longer

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx










3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Wonderful brayered background for the gorgeous butterflies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a butterfly! Gorgeous xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.