Friday 28 August 2015

Animal Magic - Dawn Heald



Good morning all,

Welcome do day two of our
Animal Magic posts.

Today we have Dawn.

Dawn says ....

Hi all, well when given our topic for this week 
it just had to be cats for me. Our family
 includes four adopted house cats who we 
love dearly even with their own quirks and 
funny ways. This stamp set is fabulous. You
 can do so much with them, colour, paper piece,
 zentangle inside the outlines and they are a 
really good size so easy to cut out. They come 
looking all demure with eyelids closed, I've
 drawn in the eyes and whiskers!


To make this card -

I sprayed some Irresistible Texture Sprays in 
purples, red and pink on a craft mat and smooched
 some white card into it and lifted straight up.
 This dried with fabulous colour and texture. 


Then I stamped my cats on to this, drew some
 eyes and whiskers and cut out.


For the base card - masking off with a
 strip of paper,
 I laid the circles stencil on top and lightly sprayed 
through Pear Tart Irresistible texture spray. When
 dry I put the stencil back on and applied Squeezed
 Lemonade Distress ink.


 And inking the strip
 area too which I then stamped across with
 the paw print stamp with green Stazon. I
 wiped over with some kitchen roll to remove
 any ink from the sprayed areas.


Next,  I die cut the largest heart and applied glue
 and gilding flakes. This was added to the 
card base with foam pads. Then I simply added
 my cats on top. I've stamped the sentiment
 inside -  'You're the cats whiskers'.



Aah how cute is that?
I'm loving the versatility of these 
Irresistible Texture Sprays!

Products Dawn used -

Pear Tart, Lady Bug, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Sweet Plum. 
Stazon Ink - Olive Green, Jet black
Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade


From stash, black and white pens.

So that is our post for today,
I shall be back again tomorrow,

See you then,

Jane x 

2 comments:

  1. fab card love how all the colours work together even though they aren't what you would think should. thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Thank you for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.