Friday 12 July 2013

Sketch week - Karen

Hi,
A different approach to the sketch today with Karen who altered a canvas using Tando Creative cogs and PaperArtsy paints








Using PaperArtsy Fresco Paint in Guacamole and Cheesecake, I covered my rectangular canvas and dried with a heat tool. (Always dry between layers to stop the paints 'muddying') Then, using my finger I smeared on PaperArtsy Ice Blue and Claret. Using Andy Skinners Mask (Burning Rubber) and more Claret I stencilled along the bottom before adding Gesso with my brayer to 'dull' it all down a little. Going back to the mask I stencilled in Ice Blue down one side. I have used Tando Creative Heart Cogs and painted them up in the same colours, using a stipple brush around the edges. For the children I have stencilled through Andy Skinners Mask (6x6 Children) using a mix of Claret and Guacamole onto white card, then cut them out. I tore a dictionary definition of children out and coloured it before glueing in place behind the children. 
The quote is PC generated.

Material
Tando Creative Heart Cogs Mix Small
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints - Claret, Guacamole, Cheesecake, Ice Bluex
Stencil Brushes

Offer of the week 
Its a freebie!  

From 6pm Friday until 6pm on Monday all orders over £25 will receive a free pack of Tando minis in their delivery.

See you tomorrow


2 comments:

  1. Oh my word?! This is incredible, every part of it!! Colours are just so cool & use of stencils - brilliant. Wow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your canvas Karen, so subtle...!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.