Friday 24 May 2013

Background week - Izzy

Hi 
My turn today to share another idea for the Gelli Arts plate: use it on wood. 
I did try previously on a wooden frame (sorry I don't have pictures and I gave it away) and I thought that it would be fab on those candle holders I have had for a while. 
As long as it's flat, it will work.
You will be surprised how quickly you can paint/alter those (or a frame or box) and how pretty it looks. 


 Start by applying a layer of gesso on the candle holders. 
I also applied some at the top, but after I took the picture

 Add paint onto your Gelli Arts plate.. little blobs here and there
I wanted a pastel tone, so I added more white

Use your brayer to blend the colours and press the mask of your choice onto the paint

Lift the mask and press your gessoed wooden candle holders on the paint


 Change stencil to get different pattern on your candle holders

et voilà... three "gellified" candle holders

Add your daisies and butterflies using Dreamweaver paste with a palette knife through the Imagination Craft stencil 

Colour the daisies and add a touch of glitter glue
I also added a very subtle touch of stamping (text and crackle) with Versafine Smokey Gray.
I used Copic markers to colour the daisies, but you could use watercolours too

A few details

A couple of tips... 

When you do the little candle holder, there is a lot of paint left over. 
Just press a white card onto the plate for a second print. 
As it's got the little square, it would be ideal for a scrapbook page.
You could fit 4 pictures in there

 When I use stencils, I always keep a box with warm soapy water when I put my stencils as soon as I lift them from the plate. Much easier to clean afterwards, the paints comes right off

Material I used
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Guacamole, Snowflake, Rusty Rose
Tando Creative masks: Harlequin, Sequin Waste
Imagination Craft stencil: Butterfly & Daisy
Crafty Individuals stamps: CI-214 and CI-116
Copic markers: V01 - RV34 - YG11 - B000 - C2 - C5 - 0

See you tomorrow


12 comments:

  1. These are very beautiful, Isabelle.
    So, altering and gelli plate ...yummmmmmmy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! delicate colours and fabulous work Izzy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors, I think I will try this brayer technique. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea, your candle holders look amazing! I have bought the Gelli Plate to its fab to have new ideas of how to use it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous result Izzy, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome !!! Génial, et vraiment très beau... Bon, tu m'as convaincue, le Gelli Plate sera donc mon prochain achat sur le craft barn Lol ! :) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work. Love the colors an how the flowers and bugs are painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy,
    Nice tutorial!

    I'm going to try gelli soon. Meanwhile, one of my passions is creating art journals. When I 'dirty' a stencil, I use the wet side randomly on a journal page.

    Would love for you to visit my blog when you have a moment or 2!

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.