Tuesday 12 March 2013

Die-cutting week - Neil

Hi, 
Second day of our die-cutting week with Neil who is going to show you different ways to use your die-cuts, some of them you might have not thought about. 

Die cuts: we all know what they are and probably use them a lot in our crafting. There is though some ways to use them that we don't often think about. So today I've used the Bird Branch die in a few different ways on this journal page: as a mask, a stamp and a die cut.

I began by cutting the bird out of acetate and used it as a mask and sprayed over the page with Dylusions Inks. I removed the mask and spritzed water over the page and wiped it all off. This leaves a lovely ghosted image of the bird.

The next thing I did was to cut the bird twice out of funky foam and glued them onto scrap thick card to create a stamp. I did it twice so I could get facing images. Like this.


I experimented with products, like paint, but the best and most surprising product was Distress Stain! It really gave a great impression. You can see here I've used Aged Mahogany and Silver and it really works well.



Then I die cut a couple out of white card and , using the "waste I scraped Dreamweaver Pearlescent paste though to add some raised details.
I coloured the die cuts with Distress inks and adhered them to the page. A little stamping and there you have it, a journal page from one die waiting for some words!




Neil used:
Stamps - HP1005
Dylusions inks- Turquoise, Blue and Green
Distress Stains - Aged Mahogany and silver
Bird Branch die - Tim Holtz Alterations



See you tomorrow




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I am surprised at how well the Stains stamp, I will be giving them a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages and the colours you used, great use of the die too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgoeus, love these pages and the technique you used. Hugs FRea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about doing anything with my dies but cut with them...wow what wonderful ideas Neil! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, nice to be reminded of all these techniques and done superbly too thanks Neil

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.