Friday 20 July 2012

Dry embossing week: bright and cheerful

Hi, 
How about a bit of brightness and cheerfulness today? At the time I write this, I hear the weather is pretty miserable over in the UK so I guess this card will be appreciated. Let's hope it would have brightened up by then... 
Neil is your host today... not his usual style but truly beautiful nonetheless. 
Speaking of Neil, look out for his class on September 23rd when he will be playing all day with Dylusions, Distress Markers and embossing folders to make a bunch of cards like this along with a folder to keep them in. This is just a little hint off all the techniques you will learn in this class.


I've decided that Dyan Reavely has re-awakened my colourful quirky side which is how a lot of my stuff used to be before I fell in love with the distressed grunge look. Still; there are many sides to a person so they all show different facets of our personality....

I used the Craft Concepts Dandelion whisper folder as my starting point. I stamped a funky ground and some random elements with one of the Dylusions stamps. The background is Broken China Distress ink and everything else has been coloured in with Dylusions inks (postbox red, crushed grape, pure sunshine, vibrant turquoise, cut grass and squeezed orange) that have been put into water brushes.

I added some dimensional flower embellishments for extra interest. and decided to add some extra sparkle with gems too...

I printed the sentiment onto a label and cut it out and added it to the card. Some black pen doodling to finish. The finished piece was mounted onto blue card and then added to a white card blank.

Products Neil used:



See you tomorrow



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright, beautiful and totally has the feelgood factor - how could you fail to smile looking at this? Gorgeous even it it's slightly off kilter from Neil's usual style!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous, funky project. I love the crocheted flowers which add to the quirkiness of the piece & give it dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this!!!! Such gorgeous colours and dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Neil, very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely textures and colours... and what a superb sentiment!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.